SDA issues DRAFT Solicitation for Tranche 2 Transport Layer- Alpha Variant Space Vehicles
Response Date: June 5, 2023
SDA issued a DRAFT solicitation for one of several types of Tranche 2 Transport Layer (T2TL) space vehicles—T2TL Alpha. This DRAFT solicitation expands upon the foundation for Tranche 2 of the Proliferated Warfighter Space Architecture (PWSA) previously described in the T2TL Beta solicitation.
SDA expects to procure approx. 100 T2TL- Alpha space vehicles, which will share certain common characteristics with the other T2TL variants (Beta and Gamma). Baseline payloads and subsystems on all T2TL satellites include:
- Three optical communication terminals (OCTs)
- Ka-band mission payload
- Networking and data routing subsystem
- Navigation subsystem
- S-band backup telemetry, tracking, and control (TT&C) subsystem
T2TL-Alpha space vehicles specifically will include the following additional payloads/capabilities:
- Fourth OCT
- Link 16 mission payload
- Battle Management, Command, Control, and Communications (BMC3) module
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Situational Awareness (SA) capability within navigation subsystem
- Warlock mission payload
T2TL features multiple space vehicle and mission configuration variants procured through a multi-solicitation and multi-vendor acquisition approach.
Please review the full DRAFT solicitation for details and instructions to provide feedback. Information gathered as a result of this DRAFT solicitation may be used to inform future solicitations.