Accept the Challenge!
Less than three years from program start to space vehicles on orbit.
To deliver capabilities to the warfighter on aggressive timelines requires subject matter experts with industry experience and the tenacity to execute. SDA has demonstrated it is possible to accelerate Department of Defense deployment because of a dedicated team of highly qualified technical personnel. Working at SDA is both demanding and rewarding. As an SDA team member, you are empowered to solve challenges every day. Together we create advantage today for the battlefield of tomorrow. When you’re ready for your post-SDA challenge – government, industry, academia, making your own idea a reality – you can leverage the unique experience you gained at SDA to succeed there, too.
Semper Citius Hiring
At SDA, we use "Direct Hire Authority", which allows us to identify experts for critical positions and expedite hiring. We identify candidates, interview, select, and hire within an average of eight weeks of first contact. We hire on an unprecedented timeline because the warfighter needs new space-based tools now. We need technical experts and we value your work/life balance – for most positions, we can consider candidates living anywhere in the U.S., not just near an SDA location. We know you can get the job done from almost anywhere because you’re a self-motivated, self-challenging person that accomplishes the mission regardless of where you sit.
Are You #TeamSDA?
Do you have:
- a calling to do more than the status quo;
- industry experience in aerospace, systems engineering, acquisition, program management, test and evaluation, capability delivery or operational employment;
- the resourcefulness, drive, and ability to work against considerable bureaucracy;
- a personality that thrives in the face of challenges, and a heartfelt sense of satisfaction when you overcome them;
- a desire to dedicate your personal capabilities to putting operational capabilities in the hands of our Nation’s warfighters?
What To Do
If you see yourself at SDA and want to do something you will remember, click below to send us your résumé and we will be in touch within two business days.
What We Need
We are seeking experienced professionals in the following career fields:
Contracting (Immediate need):
• Knowledgeable about research & development and/or major systems and familiarity with Other Transaction Authority (OTA).
• Experience completing large contracts, holders of previous contracting officer warrants of $10 million or greater. Prior unlimited warrant holders strongly desired.
• Manages schedule, cost, and technical performance of major contracts and/or programs to develop, deliver, and sustain systems including spacecraft hardware, ground and communication components, and mission software applications.
• Performs programmatic assessment of complex space systems and architectures. Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates significant and complex projects, which represent critical segments of major operating programs and which entail a variety of complicating factors, interaction with other engineering specializations, and consideration of the life-cycle of items/systems.
Engineering / Technical
• Provides technical expertise in support of operations, launch, and other SDA missions.
• Performs multidisciplinary engineering work involving the application of electronics, mechanical, aerospace, and/or other engineering disciplines to determine the business and technical needs of customers in the acquisition, development, or sustainment of space systems, sub-systems, support systems, equipment items, or an equivalent product.
• Promotes interchange of information on requirements, capabilities, deficiencies, and technology applications of specialization.
Follow us online where we highlight #TeamSDA and promote current job opportunities.